WebinarsDate: September 29, 2019 - 8pm ET
Speakers: Dr. Tim Kosinski (presenter) & Dr. Lorne Lavine (moderator)
Title: Predictable Suturing Techniques For Extractions, Grafting & Implants
Registration Link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8709308978962946827
When your treatment plan is an extraction and graft of the site in preparation for a dental implant it involves the creation of a wound and proper closure of this wound through suturing is needed for optimal healing. Suturing the surgical site positions and secures the designed flap to promote healing. It also properly holds the membrane, when, and if, a membrane is necessary. A proper suture technique should hold the edges of a flap in position until the site has healed sufficiently and can withstand normal functional stresses and resist reopening of the wound.
It is important for all GP’s to be knowledgeable about the various types of suturing materials that are available for optimal wound closure. Learn through hundreds of step-by-step clinical still photos how to achieve predictable suturing of a wound to promote the most optimal healing for success + other suturing tips related to dental implants.
Learn from Dr. Kosinski
- predictable suturing techniques that will deliver predictable healing if the protocol is followed;
- proper flap design for ideal esthetics and healing;
- an overview of the different types of sutures and surgical needles and when to use which one - and why, including resorbable and nonresorbable, conventional and reverse cutting needles;
- an overview of tying of surgical knots proven effective and when to use which type; and
- PLUS++ many more clinical tips related to extractions and grafting in preparation for dental implants that Dr. Kosinski has proven effective in his practice. We will review extractions and grafting along with the suturing to demonstrate complete clinical cases.